Antigua & Barbuda, a twin-island country in the Eastern Caribbean, has proposed a Citizenship by Investment Programme. Citizenship and the accompanying passport can be acquired either by donating to a charity or buying real estate.
General information and advantages
- Holders of an Antigua & Barbuda passport have visa-free access to 131 countries including the United Kingdom, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Schengen Area States.
- The passport of Antigua & Barbuda has a five-year validity period
- Passports are issued within two to three months
- The passport can be picked up in Antigua & Barbuda or at an Embassy, High Commission or Consular Office of Antigua & Barbuda
- Nice weather, white beaches, emerald sea, yacht clubs, Carnival – all these attract and a lot more
- It is required to visit Antigua & Barbuda for 5 days in the first 5 years. This requirement does not apply to dependent children under 18. Upon attaining the age of 18, the residency requirement must be fulfilled as well as the requirement to swear an oath or pledge allegiance
- USD 100,000 donation to The National Development Fund (NDF) for a single applicant or for a family of up to four persons and USD 125,000 for a family of five and over.
- USD 400,000 investment in real estate. Until 31st October, 2018, two applications from related parties can make a joint investment, with each applicant investing a minimum of USD 200,000 in order to qualify (or)
- USD 1.5 million business investment
In addition to the investment, additional fees are payable by each family member. Such as:
|Government Fee:||max. of USD 50,000|
|Due Diligence Fee:||max. of USD 7,500|
|Passport Fee:||USD 300|
Additional costs apply for dependants and family members and vary with the age of a person. An additional agent fee applies.
Please contact us for a detailed quote and our fees.
- Dual citizenship is a legitimate way to broaden one’s international footprint.
- Citizens approved under this programme do not pay any additional taxes on income which arises or is derived from outside Antigua & Barbuda. This includes personal income tax, net worth tax, gift tax, inheritance tax, capital gains tax or estate duty tax.
- Profits and/or capital from other jurisdictions may be repatriated to Antigua & Barbuda without any restrictions
- The islands enjoy great stability in all aspects of social life, economics and laws. It is part of the Commonwealth; its government has been democratically legitimated according to the British parliamentary system
- No local language proficiency (English) is required
Documents required only from the main applicant:
- Investment Confirmation / NDF Escrow Agreement (Form)
- Completed Agent Form
- Original bank reference letter issued by an internationally recognized bank, not older than six months
- Original professional reference, not older than six months
- Original document of evidence of residential address
- In the case of the real-estate option: copy of duly executed real-estate contract (Purchase and Sales Agreement), copy of duly executed escrow agreement.
- Certified copy of marriage certificate(s) (if applying jointly with partner)
- Certified copy of divorce document(s) (if applicable)
- A sworn affidavit of support for each dependant (excluding spouse) over 18 years of age (if applicable)
- Written confirmation from an accredited university or college of further education confirming the applicant’s enrolment where a dependant aged 18-25 years is in full time education and applying with the main applicant (if applicable)